The statement of faith adopted by Oak Hill Classical School is limited to primary Christian doctrine, which is considered to be central to all Christian denominations, and which sets Protestant Christianity apart from other faiths. For our purposes, a Christian is one who has heard the word of truth, Gospel (Col. 1:5), as summarized in the statement below, and who has responded to that message in genuine repentance and faith. He confesses with his mouth and believes in his heart that Jesus is Lord, that He died for his sins, and that God raised Him from the dead (Rom.10:9,10).
- We believe that the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments are alone the perfect, inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God, and as such, rightly interpreted, they are the final authority in faith and practice.
- We believe that there is only one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who is infinite, eternal, and unchangeable in His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth; He alone is sovereign over all things, ordaining whatsoever comes to pass.
- We believe that God created all things out of nothing, for His own glory and good pleasure, and for the display of His eternal power, wisdom, and goodness; having created all things, God created man in His image, male and female, perfect, sinless, and immortal, and He charged mankind with the governance of the created world, to cultivate it for His glory.
- We believe in the historicity of Adam and Eve, our first parents; we believe that though they were created sinless, they did not remain in that perfect state, but willfully and consciously disobeyed their Creator’s command. Consequently, the guilt of Adam’s sin and his fallen nature are covenantally transferred to all mankind.
- We believe that God created and gifted men and women differently for different roles, and that such differences should not be minimized, but recognized, encouraged, and enjoyed.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth during the reign of Caesar Augustus, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and sin-atoning death on a cross by the shedding of His blood, in His bodily resurrection from the dead, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary; salvation is a gift of God, received by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, for the glory of God alone.
- We believe that faith without works is dead.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling Christians are enabled to live godly lives.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to the resurrection of life, and the lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
- We believe that parents are responsible for educating their children and for bringing them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
As a member of the Association of Classical Christian Schools (ACCS), Oak Hill Classical School subscribes to the ACCS statement of faith, which is found in that association’s by-laws (essentially the Apostles’ Creed and the first two chapters of the Westminster Confession of Faith).